Planning for 2019

I was inspired to start this blog while in California visiting my parents for Christmas. Their pastor asked, "Do you know where you're going, and do you know if you're headed in the right direction?"

Recently I've been too stagnant in my spiritual growth, making excuses like, "I have 3 kids and work full time. When can I possibly fit it in?" My time is certainly limited, but you prioritize what's important to you.

I've known for a while I needed to put a renewed focus on the Bible, but I wasn't sure how. But Pastor Ben said exactly what I needed to hear.

Start thinking about, what is a plan so that you can get to your destination of a deeper intimacy with God? What are the things that you want to do to help aid in that? It's hard to get somewhere by accident. You tend to get lost, so it's smart to have a plan. It's smart to have a spiritual itinerary so you don't get distracted.

Immediately, my mind jumped to starting a blog. That's something I know how to create a plan for and follow through with! Plus one of the best ways I learn and digest something is by writing about it - and I enjoy it. Ever since then, I kept thinking about starting this blog, waiting for my first opportunity to sit down and begin.

So here we are. I'm planning to update with at least two new posts a month and hoping for closer to one per week. I'm happy to share what I learn as I go, although the point isn't to try to attract a million readers but rather increase my own spiritual development. I'm definitely not a Biblical scholar though, so feel free to comment on my articles with any additional thoughts, interpretations, or resources that you've found helpful!

Obviously this is more of an introductory post, so stay tuned for the first official article based on what I'm reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 4

Galatians 5:13-26